Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reasons I love my girls...

We were driving home from church today and I asked Kaitlyn and Avery what they learned about. Kaitlyn told me she did not like the lesson she had in primary. She says she learned about faith again! She said that she learned about faith already and did not need to hear about it anymore. WOW, right? I told her that we learn most by being taught the same things over and over. And that we will be taught the lessons that are really important lots and lots of times. What a sweet 5 year old I have! Do you think I will be able to keep up with her?
Avery told me she learned about the Holy Ghost. She said that the Holy Ghost is Heavenly Father and Jesus' helper. I thought that was a pretty good concept for a 3 year old to learn. She is a smarty pants!
Sophie discovered her shadow on the wall tonight while I was rocking her. It was so cute to watch her wave her hand and realize she was in control of the shapes it was making. She has such a happy, patient personality. I love watching her learn new things.
And about my man...
He recently became quite the handy man. He got out the table saw we bought for him nearly 3 years ago and and a new saw my daddy gave him for Christmas and made us some shelves for our garage and storage closet. Now we are actually able to park a car in the garage! I think he is proud of his accomplishments (I know I am) and is now motivated to being several new woodworking projects. It is amazing how much fun it can be to create things with your own hands. I know I enjoy it. I am glad he found happiness in this as well.

4 comments:

Correa Family said...

Your girls are sooo funny! That just cracks me up!

You said what your girls and your husband are up to (great job Tom!) but what are you up to Tiffeny? We hope you are well!

Winn Family said...

Love it love it! I need to use my blog to record what the boys say--whenever I read yours I think that.....I will do better because of your example. ANYWAY--I love your girls....when are you guys coming out to see us again?

Amanda XOX said...

Hey cool, you have a blog! Good job to your hubby for making garage shelves and many THANKS for burning CDs also! Aren't kids and church just a fun combo? Your girls are awesome, and so are you!

amanda.coxfam.org

Courtney said...

Your little girls are the cutest! Kids say the funniest things, I love it! Isn't great to have a handyman?! I am so grateful for mine;)