Monday, January 26, 2009

Children's Museum

Sophie in the area for babies
Kaitlyn and Avery at the water table
Avery and Kaitlyn on the performance stage
Kaitlyn did not have school on Friday so I wanted to do something really fun with the girls. My friend Becky told me about the Children's Museum here in Vegas, so we went. It was great! The girls had so much fun playing at a water table, on a performing stage, a Clifford exhibit, and all kinds of other things. We decided to buy a pass so we can go as much as we want. The only bad thing is that it is just north of the Stratosphere on the Strip, not the best part of town. Attatched to the museum is a public library, which apparently is a magnet to all the bums in town. You may have guessed Vegas is a huge town for bums! So after navigating through the scary looking crowd in the front area of the building (there is even a movie room for the bums to sit down, relax, and take in a show believe it or not) we had a very educational morning and afternoon.

3 comments:

Correa Family said...

Creepy that they bums are there at that cool place for KIDS!!! I hope they have really good security. That's great of you to go on an outing with your kids! You have such cute kids!!

Winn Family said...

Who doesn't love the strip! (ha ha--just kidding cause seriously--yuck!) but I'd never been to a childrens museum before I'd been to the one in Salt Lake....and I would totally have bought a pass too--and really--that's a super cultural experience right? And, you're girls will see that even if their stage careers don't take off, and they are homeless later in life, they can still take in a show for free--it's really all about security with kids!

Becky said...

Kaitlyn performing! It's no surprise, she's a natural. I bet she loved it! It looks like a great museum and she can't wait to have another day off from school soon. : )