So this may not really be a big deal, but we just learned that Kaitlyn is deathly afraid of fires. Is that normal for four year olds? How it came about was that I had a candle lit up on the counter. She walked by and put the glass lid on top of the candle. This scared me to death because it very well could have been a piece of paper or something that would ignite immediately. It occured to me that I had not taught her about "the danger of candles". I probably should have thought through what I said to her, looking back I must have scared her to death. Saying "do you want to start a fire?" was not the best choice because she started crying and freaking out. Poor girl. Tom and I spent the next 30 minutes calming her down and explaining what we use fires for and how to keep our home safe.
Kaitlyn is very diligent in saying her bedtime prayers. I was very touched with her prayer tonight. Both Avery and Kaitlyn were worried something was wrong with me when the prayer was finished and I was crying over how innocently she asked for protection and for
"all the bad thoughts to go away".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tiff, I too have been brought to tears over prayers by ellie. one night chad was in Las Vegas for work and he told her that he was going to the desert where it was hot but that he would be home soon. AS far as she knew he was wandering in the heat of a barren desert. In her prayers she aksed that he find water and food and that no danger would come to him. That heavenly father would keep one eye on him. it was socute and innocent.
Post a Comment