Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July


So we had a fun Fourth of July weekend, although we were sad to miss out on the party at home with family in Utah. We visited San Antonio and went to Sea World (for free). It was awesome there even with the freak thunderstorm in the middle of the day. Kaitlyn and Avery loved the waterslides, wave pool, and the lazy river. We even tried to feed the dolphins. We watched to fireworks at Lackland Air Force Base and enjoyed some shopping at an amazing outlet mall on the way home. We could not believe how crowded it was there. Tom was a really great sport, I think he even enjoyed the shopping a little because there was a Quicksilver store. We were all happy to be at home. Even two nights away from your own bed can make you appreciate it so much more.

At church today we sang a bunch of patriotic songs. It made me cry to sing the words and really think about their meaning. I am so proud of my sweet husband who is serving our country every day. We are so blessed to live in this land where we have freedom. I am especially grateful for the freedom we have to worship as we choose. I think we take for granted the many liberties we have here in America. I hope I can teach my daughters to appreciate what a blessing it is to live in this country.

1 comment:

Luella said...

Yeah, I cry practically every time we sing patriotic songs too! It makes me really proud to be an Air Force wife.