Well it has been a while since I posted. There are a few reasons why. First of all, I do not immediately put pictures I have taken on the computer. This means I am not motivated to write about what has been going on since I don't have cute pictures to go along with it. Also, I get so caught up with what most people call "life" that I don't have a lot of time for journaling on line or otherwise. Finally, Tom has pretty much forbidden me from "blogging" because it usually makes me feel inadequate because I constantly compare my life with other people that blog. I am pretty much obsessed with being the best at everything I do(even though I am FAR from it)and if I think that I am not doing the best I can I get really down on myself. Oh, and one other thing, I don't know that too many people read my blog. Although, I guess it really shouldn't matter since I am just using this as a means to do journal entries, right?
Anyway, life has been really good. We had a lot of fun over the holidays. Our family spent the days leading up to Christmas home preparing for Santa's visit. Tom and I worked really hard on homemade projects for our princesses which included repainting my childhood table and chair set, remodling and repainting my childhood Barbie house, painting doll beds from Ikea, and lots of sewing projects for me.
The day after Christmas we headed up to Utah to celebrate Avery's third birthday and the new Year. We are so lucky to be close to home now that we live in Las Vegas. We had fun playing with cousins, Aunts, and Uncles. Kaitlyn and Avery even dressed up and played in the snow.




7 comments:
I read your blog :) Glad to see that the holidays were good for you and your family. Your girls are darling just like their momma!
I will always read your blog. I remember almost 4 years ago when I started my blog I was sure nobody read it. It is hard when you look at others blogs with a million comments and stuff and think, nobody cares. It wasn't until I moved away from Columbus Ohio that some people started to read mine. For a while I felt like I had a lot of readers, but now I think it has dwindled a bit again. I think I am getting boring in my entries, but I decided I wasn't writing to entertain others, but to keep a record of our family -- like you. Don't worry about what you think others think. Don't compare. I am actually completely jealous of you being so close to Utah. I won't see my family for close to a year and it makes me so sad. My kids don't really even know their cousins and I hate it. I also think you are so cool that you had your old toys to paint and give to your girls. They don't make toys as good as they used to and I bet the toys were fantastic. Keep blogging because I love staying in touch in that way. Oh and remember nobody blogs about the bad stuff so peoples lives will always look pretty perfect on a blog.
Hey Tiffeny! I am so glad to have gotten an update on your sweet family--it's hard to believe how big the girls are (especially Kaitlyn--she looks so different!). And Sophie is a cutie pie, along with Avery. I loved the funny quotes on the side--they cracked me up. I totally know what you mean about comparing yourself to others through blogs--I sometimes have felt like others' lives are perfect and I am just not up to par. I try to keep a healthy balance of "yea this is something fun we did today" with "life is kind of hard right now" entries. Anyway, keep on blogging, but only if it makes you happy. I miss you!
Hey! Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun at Christmas, what fun projects you did! How did they turn out. I'd love to see pictures! I've check your blog a couple times in the last month to see if you updated, I'm so glad that you did!
You're crazy, of course people read your blog! I wish we still lived close! We miss you here in Georgia!!
ha ha--look at that--4 comments in the first 14 hours of posting....you're so awesome tiff! And just when I thought you'd given up on the blogging! Also, I should add in that I feel EXACTLY the same as everyone's entree to you and you're an incredible mom and you should never feel inadaquate because you're freaken awesome.
That being said, you should do better (ha ha, just kidding, I'm a riot) oh, and I missed the American Idol only hours after you reminded me that it was on. LAME. How was it? Those pictures were ADORABLE! Avery looked so just pretty and calm and happyon her birthday. And those snow suits! AHHH, so so so cute! I miss you sweetie and love your face off!
I love reading your blog. It so good to see pictures of the girls and to hear what's happening in your life. You are a wonderful person and you shouldn't get so down on yourself!
I'm glad you had a great Christmas with your family. And a big Happy Birthday to Avery!
Yes, I read it too! I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well. I'm so jealous that you're close to home. We're luck to get to Utah once a year. Your girls are getting so big... and beautiful!
Post a Comment